Welcome to HISD Food and Nutrition Services
Working together for student academic success by promoting the 3 E's.
♥ Education ♥ Eating Right ♥ Exercise ♥
Breaking News: All of Hondo ISD's campuses now qualify for CEP certification! See more info below.
Community Eligibility Provision (CEP)
Meyer Elementary, Woolls Intermediate, McDowell Middle School, and now Hondo High School will be participating in the CEP School Meal Program for school year 2023-2024. Students attending all campuses will receive one Free Breakfast and one Free Lunch daily, and will not be required to complete an application to receive meals free of charge. Schools qualifying to operate CEP serve breakfast and lunch to all children at no charge and eliminate the collection of meal applications for free, reduced-price, and paid student meals. This new approach reduces burdens for both families and school administrators and helps ensure that students receive nutritious meals.
For additional information please contact the following person:
Hondo ISD Child Nutrition Department
Attention: James White - Director, 102 18th Street, Hondo, TX 78861
Special Dietary Needs or Food Allergies
Records must be updated yearly for students with special dietary needs.
A medical statement must be on file in the Food& Nutrition Services offices for any students. Please find Exhibit B for the form or contact the campus nurse or the Food & Nutrition manager at any of the district campuses.
The Mission of the HISD Child Nutrition Services is to provide all school children access to healthy, well-balanced meals to increase their ability to learn in the classroom, grow up healthy and to reach their fullest potential.
Our goal is to provide quality food on the serving line all the time, so from the first student we serve to the last, all have a positive school meal experience.
Meal Purchasing made easy
● Convenience - Parents can access MySchoolBucks 24/7 online or through the MySchoolBucks mobile app.
● Efficiency - Payments can be made for all students, even those who attend different schools within district.
● Control - Parents can monitor their student’s meal purchases, set low balance alerts, and make automatic payments!
● Flexibility - Parents can pay at any time with a credit or debit card.
● Security – Student and payment information is always secure as MySchoolBucks adheres to the highest security standards.
These benefits help us manage meal funds more efficiently, reduce student lunch debt, and help our lines move faster.