As a member of the Board, I shall promote the best interests of the District as a whole and, to that end, shall adhere to the following ethical standards:
EQUITY IN ATTITUDE
• I will be fair, just, and impartial in all my decisions and actions.
• I will accord others the respect I wish for myself.
• I will encourage expressions of different opinions and listen with an open mind to others' ideas.
TRUSTWORTHINESS IN STEWARDSHIP
• I will be accountable to the public by representing District policies, programs, priorities, and progress accurately.
• I will be responsive to the community by seeking its involvement in District affairs and by communicating its priorities and concerns.
• I will work to ensure prudent and accountable use of District resources.
• I will make no personal promise or take private action that may compromise my performance or my responsibilities.
HONOR IN CONDUCT
• I will tell the truth.
• I will share my views while working for consensus.
• I will respect the majority decision as the decision of the Board.
• I will base my decisions on fact rather than supposition, opinion, or public favor.
INTEGRITY OF CHARACTER
• I will refuse to surrender judgment to any individual or group at the expense of the District as a whole.
• I will consistently uphold all applicable laws, rules, policies, and governance procedures.
• I will not disclose information that is confidential by law or that will needlessly harm the District if disclosed.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE
• I will focus my attention on fulfilling the Board's responsibilities of goal setting, policymaking, and evaluation.
• I will diligently prepare for and attend Board meetings.
• I will avoid personal involvement in activities the Board has delegated to the Superintendent.
• I will seek continuing education that will enhance my ability to fulfill my duties effectively.
• I will be continuously guided by what is best for all students of the District.
Policy BBF (Local)